- ¼ cup amaranth
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup water (for cooking amaranth)
- ½ pear, diced
- 4 walnuts, crumbled
- drizzle of honey
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Boil water to a boil and add amaranth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until amaranth is porridge-like in texture.
- When serving, add almond milk and stir through. (If preferred heat almond milk too)
- Slice a ripened pear in half and dice. Add as a topping to amaranth with crumbled walnuts, a drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 2 poached eggs
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut (I used Sandhurst Fine Foods Polish Sauerkraut)
- 1/4 cup homemade kimchi
- 2 slices red onion
- 60g mushrooms*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- dried rosemary
- black sesame seeds
*Slice and marinate mushrooms with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary overnight. Leave covered in fridge.
- Sauté red onion in a fry pan and add sauerkraut for a few minutes.
- Remove from saucepan and add marinated mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Poach eggs on stove top or microwave.
- Serve marinated mushrooms, sautéed sauerkraut with red onion and kimchi with poached eggs in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.